Dr. Abdul Ilah Mikati
CEO, Azm Educational Campus (AEC), www.aec.edu.lb
CEO, Lebanon Science and Technology Park, www.lebanonstp.com
- Professor at Lebanese University, Faculty of Engineering
- Advisor to the prime minster Mr. Najib Mikati
- General Secretary of Azm and Saade Association
- Has founded several industrial factories in Lebanon and abroad
Dr. Fouad Mrad
Executive Director, ESCWA Technology Centre , www.etc-un.org
Dr. Fouad Mrad joined the United Nations in December 2009 and is currently the executive director of ESCWA regional center for technology in Amman, Jordan.
He received his Ph.D. and Masters in electrical engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, and a BSc in electrical and computer engineering from State University of New York, Buffalo.
Dr. Mrad was a professor of electrical and computer engineering at the American University of Beirut from 1993 to 2009. Prior to his academic post in Beirut, he worked for IBM in the division of magnetic storage in Rochester, Minnesota, USA from1990 to 1993.
Dr. Mrad held positions as a consultant of technological innovation for several local and international organizations, including the TV program "Stars of Science", sponsored by the Qatar Foundation, the Industrial Research Institute in Lebanon, the Euro-Lebanese Center for Industrial Modernization, and Indevco. Dr. Mrad also worked as advisor for the Lebanese Minister of Industry, the Modern Electronic Industries Co, and the National Council for Scientific Research in Lebanon.
He authored several publications on various specialized fields in professional journals and contributed to international conferences on innovation, manufacturing, industrial equipment and robotics. He co-authored the book "Applied Mechatronics" with Oxford University Press, New York 2008.
Dr. Nicolas Rouhana
Executive Director, Berytech Technological Pole, www.berytech.org
Nicolas is the Executive Director of Berytech Technological Pole, a Business Innovation & Incubation Center in Lebanon. He joined Berytech since its inception in 2002, counseling and mentoring Lebanese entrepreneurs in their startup ventures. He is also senior strategy & technical advisor to Berytech Fund, a seed/VC-fund investing in Lebanese technology start-ups.
Nicolas sits on the board of EBN (European Business Network), and is a certified Business Incubation Trainer from InfoDev (WorldBank) and an accredited EU-BIC (Business Innovation Center) auditor. He also sits on the board of ISOC Lebanon, and is spokesperson of Beirut Internet Exchange.
Nicolas is Associate Professor at the Faculty of Engineering (ESIB) of University Saint-Joseph in Beirut (USJ) where he lectures computer networking and entrepreneurship courses to undergraduates and graduates.
Nicolas has a Telecommunications Engineering degree from USJ, and a PhD in Networking Systems from Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris. He is also an EDP graduate from INSEAD, France.
Dr. Fadia Homeidan
Director, Office of Grants and Contracts and Technology Transfer Unit, American University of Beirut, www.aub.edu.lb/ogc
- 2012-to-date: Project Director, IDEAL: Innovation and Development of Academic-Industry Partnerships Through Efficient Research Administration in Lebanon EU-Tempus supported project
- 2003-to-date: Founding Member, Member of Outreach Committee Member of the inflammation Research Group Nature Conservation Center, AUB
- 2008-to-date: Member of Research and Innovation Committee (IBDAA), Nature Conservation Centre, AUB
- 1998-2007: Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, AUB
- 1997-2009: Director, Molecular and Cell Biology Core Laboratories, Faculty of Medicine, AUB
- 2013: Presented “Raising funds for R&D, case of AUB” at the Supra-regional Conference in Governance in Southern Neighboring Higher Education Institutions, Beirut Arab University, Beirut, Lebanon
Dr. Ibrahim H. Osman
Associate Dean for Research, entrepreneurship and innovation center, Olayan’s School of Business, AUB, www.aub.edu.lb/osb
- Professor Ibrahim H. Osman obtained his Ph.D. in Operations Research at the Management School, Imperial College London. He is the associate Dean for research and a professor in business information and decision making at the Olayan’s School of Business at the American University of Beirut.
- His research interests are in meta-heuristics optimization, performance measurement and management to support decision and policy making in pubic and provide sector with emphasis on electronic government; supply chain; human resources; banking, and transportation.
- Dr Osman has over one hundred publications in high impact factor journals with over five thousand citations; co-edited/authored five books in the area of meta-heuristics optimization and strategic management and measurement; Area editor of computational intelligence for computer and industrial engineering journal; Board members of several journals.
- Chaired and organized several conferences, sessions and workshops; Cofounder and Chairman of the meta-heuristics international conference series (US 1995 and France 1997), Chaired the 10th DEA International conference on Performance Measurement and Management in Service Sector (Lebanon 2010). Invited keynote speakers at different National and International conferences and Workshops.
- National Board Member of Public Rail and Transport in Lebanon, Consultant to the Office of State for Pubic Reform- e-government directorate, Lebanon.
- Consultant to the Prime Minister Office- in Kuwait at the Information & Decision Support Unit.
- Consultant to United Nation ESCWA Office in Beirut.
- Received ANBAR award for research excellence, and funded research from National Research Council; European Union; and Qatar foundation.
Mr. Hani Mawlawi
Hani Mawlawi has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from American University of Beirut and a master degree in Computer Science from Boston University. He is a PCT (Professional Certified Trainer) from Canada Global Center and is a PMP (Project Management Professional) from PMI (Project Management Institute). Hani has over 17 years of experience in software development/project and program management in various industries including air travel, telecom, e-Government, education and entrepreneurship. His professional experience was obtained while working in companies of various sizes (startup, medium-sized and large) in various locations including North America and the Middle East.
He worked for nine years in the Air Travel industry in Canada (1998-2006) before moving back to Lebanon where he took a challenging position to manage a startup telecom software company (MobiNetS) in his home city Tripoli. In 2010, Hani took another challenging position as Senior Systems Implementation Manager at Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Center, where he managed various eGovernment projects and programs including Abu Dhabi Portal eServices program.
Mr. Mawlawi took a number of assignments and consulted for a number of educational institutions; he played a leading role in improving and executing adopted policies and procedures, refining and executing the schools strategic actions plans and the overall business plans for all units.
Currently, Mr. Mawlawi is the director of the recently established Lebanon Science and Technology Park (LSTP), where he oversees whatever it takes to successfully launch and coordinate all the support programs offered by LSTP to researchers, entrepreneurs and potential park tenants.